Education Training Course
Physical Intervention Training
THIS COURSE WILL BE OF BENEFIT TO...
Staff who are required to deal with children and young adults who can become physically aggressive and demonstrate behaviours of concern that require physical intervention to ensure their safety and the safety of others
This course is delivered by a trainer who has had significant experience working as a senior manager in SEN schools with residential provision. The trainer has extensive experience of working with vulnerable children and young adults who sometimes require physical intervention to ensure their safety and the safety of others.
Learn how to safely use selected non-pain compliant restrictive physical interventions and understand the law and risks that are associated with the use of restrictive physical interventions.
How this will benefit you
On completion of this Physical Intervention Training course you will be able to:
- Understand that physical intervention is a last resort and the legal and ethical issues associated with its use
- Utilise strategies to calm anxiety and diffuse aggression
- Recognise the risks related to physical restraint
- Interpret body language and be more aware of the signals that you are projecting
- Effectively plan for managing angry and aggressive people
- Recognise the different stages of conflict escalation
- Maintain physical ‘safe’ distance and demonstrate Positive Defensive Standing (PDS)
- Use fully risk assessed holding techniques and understand the legalities for using restrictive physical interventions
If you would like to find out more about our Physical Intervention Training courses get in touch and we will put together a bespoke training programme for your consideration.
This course is delivered by a trainer who has real experience of managing violence and aggression in a broad range of settings.
2Resolve deliver training that works effectively in real situations